Monday 14 May 2007

visas/buy things

I'm surrounded by a stack of marking but still managed to escape for a while to pick up my Mongolian visa and drop off the application for the Kyrz Krygstan Kyrgyzstan one. So far so good.

We've got goods to sell now - the usual collection of t-shirts, hoodies, mugs and thongs at http://www.cafepress.com/feckinirish. Thank you to the long-suffering Mark for helping me with the alpha channels. A PhD in computer graphics (mine) does not enable one to use photo editing packages; a PhD in computer vision (his) evidently does. Anyway, buy things and support us - the dollar is weak against the pound so a t-shirt costs as little as £6 quid and £3.50 for post and packaging.

My mammy is throwing herself into the supportive role as Irish mammies do and is organising a womens' (she says "ladies") evening in Portaferry involving all manner of relaxation, massages, beauty things and the suchlike - go ma! The people involved have been really generous about offering their time to share their skills, so a big cheer for them.

Cheers for all the messages which currently range from "you're doing what?", "are you mad?" (short answer: yes, but my shrink just smiled and gave me the go ahead), and "I'd love to do that!" (hmmm, I remember saying that at Easter. That's how I ended up on this trip...)

No comments: