Thursday 3 May 2007

Rally fever

The world really doesn't need another blog, especially not one from me, but it'll serve to remind me of all the niggly wee things I need to keep track of when gripped by rally fever. So far I've been making more lists than I have paper and last night I forgot to go to bed and when my knees went numb at 4am I suddenly realised that if I'm like this now, then how am I going to be behaving when July rolls around.

Big news of the day: The Broken Family Band have kindly agreed to take us under their philanthropic wing and they are now Feckin' Irish Rover sponsors. I knew buying Jesus Songs would pay off. I'm looking forward to gunning the Micra through Eastern Europe with their music playing. We're taking their love to the Central Asian massive. Or massif.

Also, Goldsmiths are very excited at the prospect of having one of their lecturers adrift in Mongolia and are keen to help out with publicity. We hope to wangle a bit of a deal with them. I'm hoping that part of the deal is that I can come back to work late if Mongolia proves attractive.

Visa sorting time now. Then more emails. And more lists.

No comments: