Tuesday 29 May 2007

Runner beings

While negotiating the wet cobblestones of Wapping yesterday it struck me that I am really going to miss running when I'm on the rally. Running is what I do to unwind, it's how I clear my head, it's how I can toil up 84 steps at the station without losing my breath. Unless I spend a good bit of time pushing the cars (and that's not unlikely) I'm not going to get to go for a run while I'm away. Instead it's probable that I'll reach Ulaanbaatar with a bruised arse and a strong clutch foot. I'm also going to miss the London marathon application but I'm planning to beg someone to fill in my details for me. Anyway, dammit, I'm taking my hula hoop to Mongolia. I will beguile border guards with my entrancing hip-swinging (a.k.a. looking like a knob).

New website to add to our collection: http://www.feckinirishrovers.com

Maso has just texted me to say that shewee are now a sponsor. This brightens my day considerably - I've always wanted to be able to pee standing up. Never let it be said that I have no ambition.

No comments: